The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are reportedly planning to move back to Britain later this month, six years after their departure for the US. The couple's children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, are enrolled to begin school in September.
The family is expected to reside in a non-royal property, which is believed to be located outside London. King Charles was reportedly informed of his son and daughter-in-law's decision on Sunday, and the Prince and Princess of Wales were also said to have been told.
This reported move follows a reunion between the Sussexes and King Charles last month at Highgrove in Gloucestershire. The King is said to welcome the opportunity for more personal family time, though the couple's status as private individuals will reportedly remain unchanged.
The Duke and Duchess are expected to keep their homes in Montecito, California, and Portugal. Security arrangements for the family have not been disclosed.